Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5th-Sargents Colorado to Nowhere?




That's right. My first full day of rest.

I rode into Sargents yesterday afternoon and the weather was looking pretty ominous. The forecast was for 6-12" of snow over the next 36 hours.

So I decided to see about camping here in Sargents through the weekend and wait out the weather.

So the campsite operator informed me that campsites were $20, but for $25 I could have a Teepee with a gas fire pit. Hmmmmmmmm. Sold.

So I've been reading and catching up on some audiobooks. No snow yet, but I have another pass to climb tomorrow, so I figure I should wait for some sunshine to clear the route before pressing on. Plus they have 75 cent tacos during the broncos game today. What would you do?

1 comment:

Des said...

Scott, what a great experience, the view and the sites, I love it.
Some of us at tak are still slugging it out while you have fun. Thanks for sharing.
Take care and get in touch when you get a chance.
Rgds,

Des