Friday, October 10, 2008

October 10th-Hopewell Lake to El Rito, NM



Started out the day at 9900'. The only pass of the day was at 10,200' and only a mile and a half from the campsite. So after a quick warm up climb, most of the rest of the day was spent on flats or descents through the aspens. Also saw my first elk today. Jumped across the road about 50 yards ahead of me.

Also, the squirrels here are grey and have tails that are bigger than the rest of their bodies. Sorry about the lack of wildlife pics, but they move pretty quick.

I hit El Rito and had a great mexican food lunch and am now sitting at the library. Updating the blog. Charging up the phone and mp3 player, and ripping audiobooks down to listen to later. Right now I'm ripping "The Omnivore's Delemma" and "God is not great"

Plan to roll out of here in the next hour so I can make the campground at Abiqui resevoir by nightfall.

Should be able to post up again on Monday in Cuba.

Till Then.....

No comments: