Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 4th-Salida to Sargents




After my blog update last night I rode down to the only campsite in town to find it was closed. Or at least there was a closed sign on the gate, which was unlocked. A couple of RVs were still inside, so I setup camp and figured I'd ask for forgiveness if I broke some rule.

Anyway, no one came to rush me off so I stayed the night.

Also, there was a Walmart and Sonic close, so after eating a sonic burger with jalapenos and tots with chili and cheese, I walked across to Walmart and bought a box of 10 chocolate chip pecan cookies and managed to eat all of them before I fell asleep. I should write a diet book.

1. Ride 80 miles
2. Eat

Got up in the morning and rode to Sargents. Had about a 3000' climb and about 1000' in another mountain biker pulled up beside me. He was driving from Portland, Oregon to Maine and riding/hiking along the way.

He asked about my sabbatical, so I told him about the ride, New York, Peru, yada yada.

He listened quietly and then told me about his plans to fly to the far corner of Australia and then walk to the other side of the continent. Not my idea of fun. But not bad, sir.

No comments: