Thursday, October 16, 2008

October 14th Cuba, NM to the top of a mesa somewhere



While the weather looked pretty awful, weather.com insisted that no measurable precipitation was being registered anywhere west of I-25. And also that the chances of rain were dropping from 30% to 10% over the next 6 hours (2pm to 8pm).

So I rolled out into 35 degree weather with light winds and an occasional spritz of ice/sleet stuff.

Sure enough. After about 2 hours of riding, the clouds started to clear to the south and I started descending into some of the most barren and open scenery since Wyoming.

I thought Wyoming and New Mexico would be my least favorite part of the ride due to the empty landscape, but it has actually been some of my favorite give the long views.

About 6pm I found a great camping spot on top of a mesa with a great view of the surrounding desert and a good spot for early morning sunshine.

Unfortunately, no pics today. The library in Grants has disabled all external drives and ports due to numerous virus infections.

No comments: