Monday, October 13, 2008

October 12th, Carson, NF to Almost Cuba, NM


Awoke this morning early with the signs of some clearing in the weather. Plus some Elk hunter fired off his rifle at 6 am. Don't they have quiet hours in the National Forest?

That reminds me, saw my second Elk today. The same way I saw the first. Jumped out of the woods and ran across the road in front of me. This one even closer. Maybe 30 yards in front of me.

Had my last 10,000' summit today. Actually had about 4 of them because I rode on top of a plateau that ran between 9800-10,200'.

In the afternoon, the clouds cleared and the cold front blew in. But my legs felt good, so it was a very nice day.

After decending to about 9000' and getting within 10 miles of Cuba, I decide to make camp and hit Cuba to pickup my mail packages in the morning. No camping in Cuba, so I figured, no need to get to town till morning.

I made a quick dehydrated dinner and prayed that there's a laundromat in Cuba. It's been a week since I've seen a laundromat. I'm starting to offend.

No comments: