Thursday, October 16, 2008

October 16th-Grants, NM to ?

I'm heading out this morning and hope to make it at least halfway to pie town by the end of the day. Pie Town, NM supposedly has two pie baking stores which compete for the title of best pie in town. So I guess I'll have to try both.

My plan for the final leg of the ride is as follows:

Pie Town: Arrive Friday
Mimbres: Arrive Monday
Las Cruces: Arrive Wednesday
El Paso: Arrive Thursday
Dallas:Friday/Saturday
Austin:Sunday

Home stretch.

2 comments:

emu said...

Ahh, pie. The tiny village where I went to school had a hardware store that declared "Friday is Pie Day!" and sold pies and cookies baked by local seventh day baptists. It's a warm memory.

You're hauling arse, dude. You totally should've detoured back for ACL, you could have made it with your freakish speed and endurance. We reveled for you in your absense, nonetheless.

e.(mily)

tomreichling said...

Hey Scott, This is Tom from one of your past lives at Takeuchi.

What an AWESOME adventure!!!

Hang in there and drop me an e-mail sometime.