Monday, October 13, 2008

October 13th-Cuba, NM



Holy crap it's cold. I know I start many of my posts this way, and I've made a decision. I will stop doing this.....As soon as it stops being so freaking cold in the morning.

I slept all night in my 15 degree bag with the mummy hood zipped over my head. I slept warm enough. But breaking camp is the tough part.

I've started bringing my water bladder into the tent with me at night so I don't have to boil water starting from a block of ice. Guess what. Last night the water inside my tent froze solid. That's cold. O.k. Sorry, beating a dead horse.

So I decended from 9000' down into Cuba at about 7000'. Brrr. Sorry.

I found what is a suprisingly well equipped town considering the population is only 850. And also......laundromat...cha-ching.

So the plan was to do my laundry, grab my mail drop, quick blog update and get moving toward Grants, NM. But guess what? Anyone? Correct, Columbus Day. No post office.

So I'm faced with 3 options.

1. Forget the package and grocery shop. Nah.
2. Ride 10 miles back up the hill to the National Forest and Camp for another night. Nope.
3. Get a hotel room and catch up on the status of my 401k. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa. My eyes!!!

I picked 3. So I'm getting comfy for the afternoon. Think I'll have an iced coffee and whisky tonight and watch the Tele.

Oh. McCain's bus is here as well. Pic included.

Ciao'

No comments: