Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 7th-Day 4


Rolled out early in the morning. Grabbed some McDonalds on the way out of town and started for the US border.

Made it to the Border by 5 in the afternoon. A fair bit faster that I thought.

I've been averaging 55 miles a day, well above by 35 mile estimate. But I'm not getting cocky just yet. My highest altitude so far has been just 6400'. I'll be at over 11,000' in Colorado in a few weeks. That might slow me down a bit.

Rolled into Eureka at 5pm and found a campsite right in the middle of town. The police stopped by and told me that they had turned off the water after the holiday weekend, so they wouldn't charge me the $5 camping fee. Hmmmm. I think I'd rather have a hot shower, but there was a gas station across the street, so I got to take a nice sink bath.

1 comment:

Orla said...

Hey Scott - am loving reading your blog. What a great idea. On the 7th I had a beach volleyball b-day party. It might have been the best birthday yet - Clio was so cute, telling everyone who arrived that 'it's my Mommy's birthday'! And this weekend we'll be camping too so I'll be thinking of you.