Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 27th-Rest Day-Rawlins, WY

Feeling sooooore this morning. The 8 miles into town were filled with moans and other various whiney sounds. Also, I drank from 2 questionable water sources yesterday. The first was the town of South Pass where the city worker said "I'm required by law to inform you that this water is not potable. But I drink it all the time." So since I was out of water, I of course drank it.

The second questionable source was a resevoir at the 80 mile mark. But I did throw some purification tablets into it.

I'm pretty sure that one of those sources is the culprit for my involuntary cleansing today. We'll just leave it at that.

So after grabbing my mail drop, hitting McD's, and grabbing some supplies, I'm at the library checking in. I'll spend the afternoon doing laundry and probably drinking my new favorite beverage. Starbucks iced coffee with Whiskey.

Then tomorrow morning I'm headed back out. Planning to hit Steamboat Springs Colorado by Monday afternoon.

Also, given my current rate of progress and assuming no injuries or major bike malfunctions, I should be back to Austin in time for Halloween festivities.


See you next post

No comments: