Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 25th part 2-Pinedale to South Pass City (Almost)



Got my passport photos processed and passport mailed off on my way out of pinedale. Miscalculated the mileage to Rawlins. It's actually a little over 200 miles. So I'm going to have to hustle to make it there in 2 days.

After stopping at the Boulder, WY post office for a food pickup, and some quick bike maintenance (see attached photo of my improvised wheel truing device---is there anything you can't do with duck tape?) I rode toward South Pass City.

Unfortunately, I ran out of daylight before I coudl reach South Pass City, so I swerved off the road toward some rock outcroppings that appeared to provide good protection from the Wyoming winds. No animal encounters overnight. Just a couple of sheep/goats/something or others.

No comments: