Friday, September 19, 2008

September 18th-Wise River to Lima



Left Wise River this morning. Definitely a cold one to start. I need to alter my sleep and ride schedule a bit. I've been going to sleep at dark (8:30) and getting up at 6am for an 8:30 departure. The problem is that it doesn't really start warming up until about 10am, so the first hour or so can be a bit chilly. Fortunately it was all uphill, so I warmed up pretty quick. My goal was to stay in Grant tonight and push on to Lima tomorrow. But after arriving in Grant to find that the store/motel was closed and no camping was available, I decided that I felt good enough to make a push toward Lima. I haven't calculated exactly how far the total ride was, but it was definitely over 80 miles, making it the longest day so far. So after 10 hours of riding, I rolled into Lima about 6:30 and promptly checked into the only hotel in town. Which also has a laundry facility and a manager who offered up the use of his laptop to update my blog

So I'm logging off now. Not sure how long it will be before my next update but will probably be a few days as I'm heading back into the wilderness for awhile.

S

No comments: