Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 28th-Rawlins, WY to Medicine Creek NF


Today should be my last day of riding in Wyoming. Looking forward to hitting the mountain range south of Rawlins. Haven't seen trees in awhile. Rode about 60 miles today to a free campground (Battle creeek) in a deep valley of Medicine Creek NF. Here Elk making a sort of honking noise as I was falling asleep. Sound pretty close to the site. Although the hunters make me more nervous than the Elk. Fell asleep with bugs all over the outside of the tent trying to figure out how to get in. So glad I didn't try to do this trip with a tarp setup like I originally considered.

1 comment:

Meuth said...

The ELK honking sound....mating call! Here's what to do....double yourself in saran wrap, zip yourself in your sleeping bag and reinforce zipper with superglue, climb the highest tree and hope for the best! :)