Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Greetings from Whitefish Montana.


OK. Where to start. I think I'll post from day one forward to keep the flow.

September 3rd--Arriving in Banff, AB.

The adventures started pretty much immediately. On the shuttle from the Calgary airport to Banff, it started raining buckets. I'm thinking,....great, this is how it's going to be..

Keep in mind that my bike was in the back of the shuttle, still in pieces in a box per airline rules. Also, I was camping the first night, and the shuttle driver informed me that they only drop off at hotels. So he dropped me off at the closest hotel. About a mile away.

The hotel worker informed me that I probably shouldn't assemble my bike at their hotel since the manager was a prick. Anyway, a good citizen (Antoine) at the hotel across the street, let me put my bike together in the maintenance shack and even threw the box away for me.

So by dark I was settled in for what was to be a chilly night at the Banff campground.

Oh, and sorry, but no pics right now. The library I'm at is running some sort of proprietary locked down OS. Maybe tomorrow in Big Fork.

No comments: