Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 23rd to 24th Nasca, Peru





This will probably be the last post of my South American trip since I am flying back to Austin tomorrow night. I don´t expect to be doing much in Lima, so unless something unexpected happens, this will wrap it up.

Yesterday I arrived in Nasca, Peru to put the final check in the box on this trip. My last ¨must do¨ item was to sandboard the Peruvian dunes. And Nasca is home to the tallest sand dune in the world. So after getting rebuffed yesterday due to road construction, I managed to book a private lesson this morning departing at 3 am.

We hiked until sunrise and then hiked another hour. Then finally at about 8 am, we hit the slopes for some pretty sick sandboarding.

This afternoon, I´m catching my bus to Lima and checking into my hostel for my last night in South America.

I´ll be back in Austin Thursday morning and plan to spend the weekend relaxing and eating Mexican food.

Thanks to everyone who followed along. I hope you enjoyed the blog. Until the next adventure.

Scott

No comments: