Sunday, March 8, 2009

February 28th-March 7th Bariloche, Argentina




Sorry for the long delay in posts, but after 2 months of travel I seem to have gotten myself stuck in a town. Bariloche, Argentina is like a cross between Colorado and British Columbia, but with more lakes. It´s summer here right now and it´s absolutely gorgeous. It´s also home to the largest ski resort in the Southern Hemisphere. So it´s got me thinking about a future trip to check that out.

Also the town was mostly settled by the Swiss, so with the mountains and architecture, you feel like you´re in the Alps rather than the Andes.

Anyway, the point is, I can´t seem to leave. Sally flew back to Austin yesterday (stupid work) and I´m probably going to do 4 or 5 more days here before moving on to Chile.

Tomorrow I´m renting a motobike, which is a standard mountain bike with a small gas weed eater motor and drive wheel on it. Should have some good pics from that.

No comments: