Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21st - Cusco




After a short run at 12,000 ft. I was off to shop for Ojotes, or local shoes made out of car tires. I was so proud to return and tell the hostel tour director of my new shoes I bought for $2.75 and then she informed me that locals only pay $1 for them. Dammit.

After that, I finally found a dentist that would do a cleaning for $10 US. I needed the help of the hostel worker who made the appointment for me in her dad´s name. So tomorrow at noon I am Pablo. Much better than the $25 that they wanted to charge me when I tried to make the appointment in my broken spanish.

Then I arranged my trip to Lake Titicaca for Friday. And then off to La Paz Bolivia on Monday.

And finished the day with a visit to the Inca Museum.

Also, here´s a link that is definitely worth viewing. Thanks Sean.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/01/11/120-taking-a-year-off/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to know what is upstairs...please