Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13th Lima Peru


Woke up this morning to the sounds of cars honking at each other. My room window faces the town roundabout, so I get to hear it all.

I rolled out for my run about 9 am and decided to run by tonights hotel on the way to the beach. Today, I check out of this hostel and head to another hotel to meet my travel mates for the 8 day tour through Cusco and Manchu Pichu.

The run was good. But it was pretty hot and smoggy along the beach. I also stopped at a beach porto pottie along the beach and noticed an older man and woman guarding the door. My spanish is no bueno, so I stepped inside, did my business, and then as I left I was asked for 10 centavos. Or about 3 cents US. Turns out, they keep the bathrooms clean in return for a small fee. Unfortunately, I was running without any money, So I got a dirty look from them after explaining "lo siento, no dinero".

Oh, well, another rich, insensitive American they can point to.

So now I'm off to buy a phone card and SIM card so I can stay in touch a bit better.

I fly to Cusco tomorrow morning early.

Ciao

1 comment:

emu said...

Speaking of which, you owe me about 48 cents for your bathroom usage in Brooklyn.

e.