Monday, January 19, 2009

January 14th Lima to Cusco



Stopped in for the briefing last night to find that our bus leaves for the Lima airport at 3:30 a.m. So I decided to stay up drinking with my friends at the Loki Hostel.

I don´t want to say it was a bad idea, but I was out cold on the flight and had to grab an afternoon nap in Cusco.

We checked into our hotel in Cusco about 9 am and soon thereafter I met Caleb, my roomate from Australia.

Wandered around town a bit and watched the local farmers protesting their poor wages. Not sure if I´m tired, hungover, still drunk, or just feeling the 11,000 elevation.

Finished out the night with a great $2 chicken dinner and drank Inca Cola for the first time. Pretty good actually. Like cream soda only not quite as sweet.

Bagged out early with hopes of getting an early run in before our day of touring around the Sacred Valley.

No comments: