Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back from the Hills

Testing is going well. The bike is holding up with the total pack load. I'm a bit suprised by how much water I'm using in a day. Rode up Tuesday with about 200 oz of water, which weighs about 12 lbs. Within 24 hours I drank all of it. Some of it was used for cooking dinner (freeze dried lasagna) and breakfast (oatmeal and coffee). Yesterday morning, I stopped at a stream and filled up my bottle and added a few drops of aqua mira water purification. I guess it worked because I didn't get sick drinking it. It looks like I'm going to need to get good at finding water sources in the woods, since 1 day of water is about all I can reasonably carry given the weight.

Headed to Denver tomorrow to stay with friends and train. Planning to hike pikes peak on Monday morning.

No comments: